Free no obligation same day quote.
No travel fee within 35 miles of downtown Asheville
Same or next business day home inspection reports.
Have a question before, during or after your inspection?
Click on the button above for lots of helpful content…
One contact for all your real estate inspections & testing needs
- Home Inspections: We emphasize communication before, during and after our inspections. Our goal is to find and communicate the relevant talking points with detailed and intuitive reports (with photos/videos) and opportunities for site presentations and follow-up conversations.
- Well Inspections: Evaluation of wellhead, pressure system equipment and evaluation of flow and recovery during 125 gallon test to simulate normal household use. A graph provided in the report provides a great illustration of the well performance.
- Radon Testing: Continuous air radon monitors 48 hour real estate testing.
- Mold Testing: Air sampling and Tape lifts. Independent lab analysis.
- Annual Home Inspections: Maintain your home and protect your investment with a full home inspection every year- discounts for returning clients
- Commercial Property Inspections We also offer ancillary inspections (HVAC, WDIR, Mold etc…)
- Water Testing: Bacteria only and full-scan Water Testing by an Independent lab.
- and more
Accepting all major credit cards and PayPal
No service fee for credit card transactions!
Want to learn more about additional home inspections and testing?
- Small investment, big return
- Findings can be used to negotiate money or repairs from the seller
- Findings can prevent expensive damages to home and health & safety concerns
- Negative findings give peace of mind and assist re-sale.
Recommended for all homes with a private or shared well system. Using a state of the art flow meter and a well depth sounder we take readings of the water level and flow rate every minute during a 125 gallon pump test. This test helps indicate whether a well has excellent volume or recovery, both or neither. The report includes a graph of the results. We inspect the well head (grading, clearances, cover, insulation, etc…), the pressure system (pressure tank including air pressure and draw-down, pressure switch, pump start/run amperage, and other components) and and visual evaluation of the water filtration equipment (water softener, UV filter, filter tanks, etc…).
Highly recommended for any house with a well or spring that supplies water to the house. The Bacteria-only screening is the most basic test. The Full scan screening tests for bacteria, metals, pesticides and more.
Asheville, Montreat, Biltmore Forest, Alexander, Black Mountain, Woodfin, Weaverville, Candler and the surrounding areas.
Hendersonville, Saluda, Fletcher, Laurel Park, Mills River, Flat Rock and the surrounding areas.
Canton, Clyde, Maggie Valley, Waynesville, Lake Junaluska and the surrounding areas.
Hot Springs, Mars Hill, Marshall and the surrounding areas.
Burnsville and the surrounding areas.
Marion, Old Fort and the surrounding areas,
Brevard, Rosman and the surrounding areas.
(Certified, Independent Testing)
Mold testing is recommended when mold and water penetration is observed or suspected at the living areas. Hidden mold can develop between finishes and foundation walls — especially at finished basements. Our mold testing basic package includes an outdoor air sample (as the control) and typically a main level and basement air sample. Additional air samples may be needed for larger homes. Tape lifts can be taken if mold is visible. The samples are sent to an independent laboratory for analysis. A color report with graphs is provided. Note: For best understanding of the results it is highly recommended that mold testing is done with a home inspection.
We have naturally occurring Uranium in our mountains which is why most buyers get radon testing with a home inspection. Radon is a heavy radioactive gas that seeps up into our living areas and then breaks down and emits alpha particles which can damage our lungs. Radon gas is the second leading cause of lung cancer after smoking according to the EPA. All houses in our area have some level of radon gas but we are looking for an average above 4pCi/L over 48 hours according to federal standards. We are seeing that about 13% of the tested results are high. The repair is affordable and effective, usually costing under $1800 and it is generally a good negotiating item. All foundation types can have high radon but houses on slabs or with basements tend to be higher.
Whenever I am asked what is the best training for a home inspector, I am bound to reply – house renovator. No other trade gives a person the breadth and depth of experience for looking at old houses – and learning to expect and anticipate anything. Even the builders are less experienced since they seldom see their productions ten or twenty years down the road. Perhaps if they did, they might build differently.
– Keith Peddie author of House Assessment and He Found What?