Builder Buddy Home Inspections
Buying, selling or maintaining a
home in the Asheville area?
Call your Builder Buddy.
We know houses!
Free no obligation same day quote.
No travel fee within 35 miles of downtown Asheville
Same or next business day home inspection reports.
One contact for all your real estate inspections & testing needs
- Home Inspections: 25 years construction experience as general contractor, estimator, carpenter and designer.
- Well Inspections: Evaluation of wellhead, pressure system equipment and evaluation of flow, recovery and yield.
- Radon Testing: Continuous air radon monitors 48 hour real estate testing.
- Mold Testing: Air sampling and Tape lifts. Independent lab analysis.
- Annual Inspections: Maintain your home and protect your investment with a full home inspection every year- discounts for returning clients
- Water Testing: Bacteria only and full-scan Water Testing by an Independent lab.
- Commercial Property Inspections
- and more
Accepting all major credit cards and PayPal
No service fee for credit card transactions!
Want to learn more about additional home inspections and testing?
- Small investment, big return
- Findings can be used to negotiate money or repairs from the seller
- Findings can prevent expensive damages to home and health & safety concerns
- Negative findings give peace of mind and assist re-sale.
Recommended for all homes with a private or shared well system. Using a state of the art flow meter and a well sounder we take a reading of the water level and flow rate every minute during a 125 gallon pump test. This test helps indicate whether a well has excellent volume or recovery, both or neither. The report includes a graph of the results. We inspect the well head (grading, clearances, cover, insulation, etc…), the pressure system (pressure tank including air pressure and draw-down, pressure switch, pump start/run amperage, and other components) and the water filtration equipment (water softener, uv filter, filter tanks, etc…).
Recommended for any house with a well, spring or rain catchment system that supplies water to the house. The Bacteria-only screening is the most basic test. The Full scan screening tests for bacteria, metals, pesticides and more. Highly recommended for older wells/older equipment or when no filtration equipment is present.
OUR SERVICE AREAS:
Asheville, Montreat, Biltmore Forest, Alexander, Black Mountain, Woodfin, Weaverville, Candler and the surrounding areas.
Hendersonville, Saluda, Fletcher, Laurel Park, Mills River, Flat Rock and the surrounding areas.
Canton, Clyde, Maggie Valley, Waynesville, Lake Junaluska and the surrounding areas.
Hot Springs, Mars Hill, Marshall and the surrounding areas.
Burnsville and the surrounding areas.
Marion, Old Fort and the surrounding areas,
Brevard, Rosman and the surrounding areas.
MOLD TESTING (Certified, Independent Testing)
We have naturally occurring Uranium in our mountains which is why most buyers get radon testing with a home inspection. Radon is a heavy radioactive gas that seeps up into our living areas and then breaks down and emits alpha particles which can damage our lungs. Radon gas is the second leading cause of lung cancer after smoking according to the EPA. All houses in our area have some level of radon gas but we are looking for an average above 4pCi/L over 48 hours according to federal standards. We are seeing that about 13% of the tested results are high. The repair is affordable and effective, usually costing under $1800 and it is generally a good negotiating item. All foundation types can have high radon but houses on slabs or with basements tend to be higher.
Whenever I am asked what is the best training for a home inspector, I am bound to reply – house renovator. No other trade gives a person the breadth and depth of experience for looking at old houses – and learning to expect and anticipate anything. Even the builders are less experienced since they seldom see their productions ten or twenty years down the road. Perhaps if they did, they might build differently.
– Keith Peddie author of House Assessment and He Found What?
Follow our adventures on Instagram! Follow BuilderBuddyOnline