HOME INSPECTION PRICING
How much does a home inspection cost?
- Pricing is based on heated/finished square feet and the age of the home.
Discounts listed below. An older home is 30 years old or more.
- $299 999sf or less.
- $349 1,000-2000sf.
- $399 2000-3000sf.
- $449 3000sf-4000sf.
- $524 4000sf-5000sf.
- $599 5000sf-6000sf.
- $674 6000sf-7000sf.
- Call for a quote for houses 7000sf and over
** Travel charges apply for trips between 35-75 miles from downtown Asheville ($50-125 depending on distance per inspector)
Are there Home Inspection and Testing discounts?
- $25 discount off Home Inspection for first time home buyers.
- $25 discount off Radon Testing for families with dependents
COMMERCIAL INSPECTION PRICING
We offer general Commercial Inspections that are intended to help buyers/sellers learn more about the property in preparation for real estate transactions. We do not inspect restaurants. We will quote each property individually.
- Additional residences-(up to 4 units) Priced as a single-family home (total square footage and age) plus $100 per additional residence. Attached/detached, legal/illegal, short term/long-term, mother-in-law/studios with bathrooms are all considered additional units.
- Detached garage or unfinished building $50 600sf or less $95 for larger
- Re-scheduling fee $125
- Re-visit or Re-inspection We do not do re-inspections or repair inspections.
What do Home Inspectors evaluate?
- Structural components
- Insulation & Ventilation
- Built-in Appliances
Free no-obligation same-day quote.
No travel fee within 35 miles of Asheville
Typically scheduling within 5 business days.
Same-day or next business day home inspection reports.
Whenever I am asked what is the best training for a home inspector, I am bound to reply – house renovator. No other trade gives a person the breadth and depth of experience for looking at old houses – and learning to expect and anticipate anything. Even the builders are less experienced since they seldom see their productions ten or twenty years down the road. Perhaps if they did, they might build differently.
– Keith Peddie author of House Assessment and He Found What?