Home Inspection General Pricing
Pricing is based on heated/finished square feet and the age of the home:
- $349 999sf or less
- $399 1000-2000sf
- $449 2000-3000sf
- $499 3000-4000sf
- $574 4000-5000sf
- $649 5000sf-6000sf
- $724 6000sf-7000sf
- Older home fees apply starting at 30 years or older ($50-100)
- Detached buildings ($50 for smaller buildings and $95 for larger)
- Attached Add’l residences (up to 4 units) priced as a single-family home (total square footage plus age) $100 per additional unit.
- Multi-unit residential communities (will quote. Typically quoted as additional single family homes minus $75 discount)
- Travel charges apply when inspection is between 35-75 miles from Asheville downtown
Commercial Inspections Pricing
We offer Commercial Inspections that are intended to help buyers/sellers learn more about the property in preparation for real estate transactions. We do not inspect restaurants. We will quote each property individually- pricing depends on age, location, size, and scope- typically between 20-30 cents a square foot.
$249 in the Asheville area. Discount when ordered with septic inspection.
$195 for full scan (bacteria, metals, pH, nitrites/nitrates) / $95 for bacteria only
$120 with inspection /$175 stand alone. Continuous monitor. 48+ hours.
Wood Destroying Insect Inspection (WDIR)
(by 3rd Party) $120 in Asheville area. Typically $30 for small detached structures.
Septic Inspection with pump
(by 3rd Party) $545 in Asheville area.
(by 3rd Party) $895 outside Asheville area.
(by 3rd Party) $349.00
(by 3rd party) $149 per system. Buncombe county only. Please notify us in advance how many systems should be inspected.
$349 with home inspection. $424 without home inspection. Basic test includes 3 samples. Typically an air sample is taken outside, in the basement and at the main level. $75 per additional sample for larger homes or tape lift samples (visible mold)
Apply for trips between 35-75 miles from downtown Asheville ($50-$125 depending on distance per inspector)
- Free Re-inspections
In some cases if we made an error we will revisit and re-inspect for free. In other cases if we need to return to pick up a radon monitor for example, we can offer a free re-inspection during the re-visit.
- Re-inspections due to limitations We charge $175 plus travel fees to re-inspect due to utilities being turned off or inaccessible areas during the initial inspection. (generally we like to see the sellers pay for this charge as these things are their responsibility)
- Repair Re-inspections In most cases it is un-necessary for the home inspector to return for repair inspections:
- In most cases we prefer buyer repairs over seller repairs as buyers are more incentivized to have the best repairs done.
- If the seller is to do repairs we highly recommend that licensed contractors are used that offer receipts and warranties so they will stand behind their work after the real estate transaction.
- In some cases we can come back and do a repair inspection – depending on the scope of work the cost is typically $175 plus any applicable travel fee.